The Essential Guide to Processing for Flash Developers
von Ira Greenberg
The Essential Guide to Processing for Flash Developers takes a hands-on approach to learning Processing that builds upon your familiarity with Flash, and your experience with the ActionScript language and object-oriented programming concepts. The book offers a full series of Processing projects, structured to allow less experienced coders to get up to speed quickly, while leaving room for more experienced programmers to take the initial project concepts and build more complex applications.
- Includes a language primer explaining all of the Processing-specific programming theory you need to know
- Contains a full series of Processing projects and numerous easy-to-follow code examples
- Covers Processing’s Java mode, providing an easy-to-navigate bridge to programming in Java, Processing’s underlying host language
- simple character animation
- an advanced particle engine
- a serious game, with AI
- a cellular automata framework, including a .lif file format parser
- a 3D data visualization application
- Flash vs Processing: Let the Death Match Begin!
- Processing Primer I: Just the Basics
- Processing Primer II: Beyond the Basics
- Object-Oriented Programming in Processing
- I Like Particle Engines!
- A “Serious” Game
- Hacking Life
- Creative Information Visualization